A gal-friend has been making Tumeric Lemonade for a few months. She finds it really clears out her brain fog, and has grown quite fond of it. Curcumin is a 'unique antioxidant' found in Tumeric tubers, and the benefits include:
- Supports cognitive function, and overall brain health
- Anti-inflammatory, it promotes a healthy response to inflammation
- Eases aches and pains
- Supports Cardiovascular function (reducing inflammation)
- Promotes healthy Mood balance
- Promotes skin elasticity
herb,' which can be consumed daily, for optimal health. Like its cousin Rosemary, it is high in antioxidants, many of which also enhance brain function!
- Calms the mind (the essential oil is great for this, or a cup of tea!)
- Promotes restful sleep (good for both children and adults)
- Promotes skin elasticity, healthy aging (can be used topically)
- Boosts mood and alertness
- Sharpens the mind and enhances cognitive ability
- Protects brain cells (anitioxidant: Eugenol)
- Contains several powerful antioxidants
- Supports and protects the liver
- Balances blood sugar and reduces insulin resistance
Lemon Verbena, Aloysia citrodora, is another high antioxidant lemony herb.
- Anti-inflammatory, helpful in reducing sore muscles and following exercise
- Stress reduction
- Anti-spasmotic, Digestive aide
- Rejuvenate skin
- Reduces muscle damage following exercise
- Antioxidant, boosts immune system
Grate two Tbsp fresh turmeric into a small bowl., and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper. Cover with the juice of one lemon, one lime, and 1/2 a ruby grapefruit or orange. Cover and refrigerate.
In the morning combine the two and shake. Pour 4-6 oz into a pretty glass or cup, add 1/4 Cup sparkling water or Kombucha and enjoy.