Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Reclaiming

Wishcasting Wednesday, & Jamie's prompt is "What do you wish to Reclaim?"

I'm working on reclaiming my home!!

At almost 8 months old, Baby Z is getting more mobile, so it's time for baby-proofing - & beyond that, time to go through those piles that seem to accumulate & build up, over time! I spent Monday working on getting the dining 'nook' in order, & the center of the kitchen floor CLEAR for him to play in! And I took 4 bags to Goodwill, only brought one home! (some new clothes, so purging more of my closet as well)

Success! Today I want to clean out the fridge (he's at the other grandma's), & begin on my little pantry - to the Rt of the colourful pile (boxes I hadn't gotten to, draped to keep Mr Curious at bay ... I had it set up as a computer room, but have been using the laptop for more than a year now .... so it's time to get the equipment & desk out, & some shelves up.

As I reclaim my home, I will free up time & energy ...
I love Karen Kingston's book "Clear your Clutter with Feng Shui" Karen suggests asking yourself:
1) Does (an object) lift my energy when I look at or think about it?
2) Do I absolutely LOVE it?
3) Is it generally useful?

As I reclaim my space, I make room for creativity, guests, that lovely grandson ....

So off to the kitchen, to continue pulling stuff out of that pantry, clearing the counters, .....

What do YOU wish to reclaim?


5 comments:

Cindi said...

I love those questions on clearing clutter! I have FSS (flat surface syndrome) and have piles of 'stuff' everywhere that I need to sort out. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you!

Anonymous said...

I love purging and cleaning the clutter. I love how it feels afterwards when you can sit back and say, "I have my home back."

As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you!

Karina said...

What a lovely wish! It's great to make room for what we truly want in out life : ). My husband keeps bringing things home and I keep throwing stuff out. Great balance ; ).
As you wish for yourself so I also wish for you.

Sandra Marie said...

It always feel SO good & freeing when your home is organized! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!!

Jill said...

Yay for clearing out the clutter! As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.