Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Time

Jamie's prompt today - 'What do you wish for this summer?'

After a rainy spring, summer seems to 'finally' be here, & today's the longest day!

I WISH -  for bountiful gardens, full of good food for the rest of the year - I've been working up some new beds, & attending to the old; things are growing, & my CSA share offers delightful goodness each week. I just got a wonderfully cared for 'reel' mower, & am attempting to get my lawns in order so it will gracefully cut them!
My raspberries are ripe, & I've been enjoying some in my breakfast bowl, & sharing them with the fam ...

I WISH - for my grandchildren to have a lovely summer! Last year, my daughter was home with her girls & new baby, as he was born in May, so her leave came in summer. This year, I've been watching him 4 mornings a week (till ~ 1:15) & will have his sisters as well - when they're not busy (science camp for the 12 year old this week, VBS - that I'll assist with - next month, dance camp ...) my son's 2 will join us for some of the summer fun!


I WISH for times of fun with my family & friends, & some good dancing! We had a 'hobo dance' on Saturday, & this weekend I go with galfriends to the beach for a few days. There are mini vacations planned throughout the summer - hmmm, would be nice to have a BIGGER vacation ....

My daughter & I dream of going to Mexico again in the fall - probably not practical, but appealing ....

I WISH for some wonderful books to snuggle up with, after the day's chores are finished - summer always was my time for reading as a child, & while I read pretty constantly, I love finding new authors at the library, or perhaps I'll spend more time finding what my son put on my little 'tablet' ....

What are YOUR summer wishes?


5 comments:

Kewish Designs said...

What a bountiful summer!

As you so beautifully wish, I also wish with you...

Marian Ostrowski said...

As you wish, so I wish for you...

I remember, as a child, hiding under my bed daily during the summer so I could read!

Unknown said...

I could so visualize your gardens and grandkidos running around.. enjoy your summer and as you wish I too wish with you.

Lilyweeds at Augusta Kent Studio said...

such lovely wishes! a great summer list. As Dia wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. ~diana

Anonymous said...

Lovely wishes Dia! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also :)