Saturday, October 10, 2020

Gratitude and blessings

I have been enjoying watching interviews and film clips from Findhorn, many filmed this year during the the time we are connecting in-person less often.

Today this Interview by Thomas Miller with Sandra Ingerman, a modern day shaman, came through, and​​ is fantastic! Sandra survived a near death experience, which is often the precursor to shamanic awareness and training. Sandra comments that shamanic ideas and philosophies transcend individual cultures and traditions, and are part of our earthly birthright. 

Sanctuary at Breitenbush 1983-2020
If we would like to see more harmony in the world, and a healthy environment, Sandra  invites us to set our intention, to affirm the vision, and to:
  • Express gratitude daily: get up and give thanks to the elements: earth, air, fire and water. 
  • Give thanks for food and drink
  • Appreciate moments of beauty.
  • Shine your light - as we see ourselves as radiant beings, we become them
  • Do your personal practices, and release the outcome - Tai chi, yoga, meditation, kindness, pay-it forward, ...
  • Connect with like minded community 
  • Invite children to ceremony - release fear by breaking a stick, beam rainbows into their water, dance their light. 
  • Children are closer to the unseen realms, trust the power of ceremony, and can help us remember how to tap co-creative power
  • At Color of Woman graduation, my Apache friend Carmen told me the drumming the day before had been so powerful because, "the ancestors are so happy for you all, and so glad you are doing your work! Won't you be glad when your grandchildren do theirs?"
A number of studies have shown gratitude practices enhance our personal well being and mood, and even reduce pain! This ripples out, and has a harmonious effect on the world around us. 
We each have gifts to share, and power to bring positive change and harmony in the world around us. 
Let us choose love and joy, and positive action.

 

6 comments:

Where do you want to go today? said...

Gratitude grows within us and feeds those around us.
Share and Blog on!

Martha said...

I can relate to a near death experience, in 2000 I went to heaven and I could see the medics working on me from below. Surrounded by Angels I floated back, God knew I still had work to do here on earth. Her list of intentions are wonderful to follow and also start teaching gratitude to the younger generation.

virginiaallain said...

I'm struggling to feel grateful right now, but need to remind myself that my husband and I have the benefit of being retired. That's a good status to have during a pandemic as we don't have to go out around people hardly at all or don't have loss of income from a workplace that closed.

Nadya said...

Oh, thank you for sharing about your NDA, Martha! Gratitude practices are so powerful!
It can be hard to connect with gratitude at times, V - as you say, start with appreciating those basics!

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing regards

Jeanine Byers said...

I like the idea of doing your own practice and releasing the outcome, trusting it will have an impact on what we want to see in the world. And that if we see ourselves as radiant, we become it. I have been leaning into the idea that I can become and grow as I see myself the way I want to be.