What makes your juices flow? Between what and what time do you feel in the groove? Are you a walker, hummer, doodler or pacer?
I am rather random - sometimes I create just because I feel like it. I've always taken *good notes,* & doodled in the sidelines. Growing up, Sunday School was before Church, & I always hoped for lots of blank bits on the program, so I could draw during the sermon!! I sang waiting for the bus, I sketched folks in class, usually rather surreptitiously!
I don't have particular rituals, tho I enjoy that idea. Sometimes I light candles before playing the harp (since that's usually in the evening). I tend to put creativity 'before' housekeeping, & that shows, . . .
I like music, & if I'm doing something graphic (mostly collage these days), I may put a CD on - anything from Buddhist or Native American chants, instrumental music, or contemporary singers - usually lesser known folks that I've met. I may do some Qigong or the Dance to the Directions first - but probably not.
The art materials are still in stacks & piles, rather than organized, & I usually work on my living room floor. Like harper Deborah, I can compose music or work on any other creative project in the middle of the night - I tend to procrastinate, & have found my muse at midnight more often than not! A favorite image: playing harp in the moonlight streaming in a long window when I lived in a Mountain community!
I'm a stocking foot gal, a floor sitter. My 'main work' is massage, so that laundry is *always* in process - one or two loads a day. Other tasks are filled more at random. Creating is often in the evening, or in the morning, if I don't begin till later in the day. A blessing: 'full time' bodywork is < 30 hours a week, so I have abundant 'spare time' - like all of us, it's quickly used up - my main time stealers tend to be reading & (currently) blogging!
Here are some favorites:
- I believe in magic
- I love to dance, to sing, to play
- I am a Spiritual being, & that flows thru all my experiences & being
- I love sparkle & love to sparkle
- I cherish friends, family, precious grandkiddlets
- I love Gracie Mae (pup companion)
- I cherish quiet & down time
- I love the buzz of activity
- I love adventures with girlfriends
- I love Used bookstores, clothing & other pre-owned treasure shops
- I am a Happy Harper! (& tickled that Deborah Henson-Conant is featured in this chapter!)
- Relaxation, healthy food, good water are all important
- I want to explore more facets of Beeswax Collage
- I want to study SoulCollage facilitation with Suzie Wolfer
- I want to Dance more - ballet, ecstatic, belly, Nia . . .
- I love reading - many genres!
- I love to teach Reiki & to inspire others to embrace health
- I value creativity, & want to connect and communicate with wonderful, creative beings
- I love trips to mountains & ocean
- I appreciate and enjoy luxury
- I love to celebrate
- I am a Bodacious Belle
- Art & creativity are integral in my life
- I am an adventuress
- Shine! Sparkle! Glow!
May all your dreams be manifest, & may you be blessed