Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Joy Diet

Stopping by some of my favorite blogs, I saw Jamie had just begun a new 'Next Chapter' group - the Joy Diet! After reading a few posts, decided to order this one from my local bookstore, which kindly offers their 10% book group discount. It should be here Friday.

The week begins with 'do nothing' & an invitation to spend 15 minutes meditating. Last weekend during my gal retreat at the coast, I purchased a little book on the meteorite crystal Moldavite, & both a Moldavite pendant & a small stone.
I'd begun reading the book (pub. in the late 80s) last month while at Breitenbush, & realized there was a wee Moldavite stone on the dresser by my dream space.
One of the effects of working with Moldavite can be more vivid dreams, & being prompted to a healthier lifestyle & more MEDITATION!

The evening after purchasing the stones & book was spent close to the ocean, & one of my dreams included instruction about including walking meditation in my life - & that morning, I found a sweet book by Thich Nhat Hahn - on Walking Meditation! & as mentioned in my last post, did a bit of Tai Chi on the beach before breakfast.

From Beyond the Rainbow: "When placed on the third eye, moldavite helps us to establish the cosmic connection. When placed on the heart it teaches us to appreciate the gift of being here on Earth.
". . . many people have reported that moldavite helps to release all that is no longer needed for personal growth: old ideas: leftover emotional/mental habits, whatever you know on a deep level needs to go.

"Because its energies are so powerful it's a good idea to keep it near you a lot when you first get one and to meditate with it regularly."

I've had a couple of meditation dreams since that 'exposure' to Moldevite in my sleep space at the end of August - so joining in on the 'joy diet' seems quiet timely!

While at the coast, we went on a moonlight beach walk, & one of the participants suggested we do some of that in silence. That night I dreamed of instruction in walking meditation - so when I awoke, I went down to the beach with my native American Flute & played my 'dream song' & did some Tai Chi Qigong. After breakfast, several of us went to a nearby bookstore, where I found a copy of Thich Nhat Hanh's 'Guide to Walking Meditation.' (only $2.50!)

During a workshop with Roslyn Bruyere in the mid 90s, she talked about meditative brain states, & that when one does slow, mindful movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Qigong, walking) the brain shifts into that state, making sitting much easier! I recall that was an 'ah ha!' moment for me - I'd often wanted to meditate, but quickly got antsy/bored! But love the grace & 'moving meditation' quality of Tai Chi, & quickly move into a meditative state that way!

So for 'sitting challanged' folks, I encourage you to try movement as a portion of your 15 minutes - I will be doing so!

4 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Moldavite is a great way to spice up the Joy Diet! :) I will be looking to get me some! :)

Sherry said...

It sounds like you are well equipped for this diet!! Looking forward to discovering what our truth tells us this week!

becky nielsen said...

I have a necklace that my niece made for me that has some moldavite in it - will have to start wearing it more and see what happens.

I've had a hard time with this week with truth - don't feel like I'm uncovering much. Hope your week is going better.

Genie Sea said...

Funny you should ask. My ascendant is Sagittarius. LOL! Now, that explains everything! Thanks for the insight! :)