Sunday, December 21, 2008

Nisse with Gifts


Snow, snow, more SNOW!! It's now a foot or so deep (most snow in about 50 years!) with a thin layer of ice over!
Schools closed Monday, so the kids are off till the beginning of January . . . I did one of the harp gigs this week, two others were cancelled or postponed. Some massage, & a lot of just being home enjoying the view.

My 'Moms Group' got together Sat AM for our brunch/holiday gift exchange - snow was about 6" deep, & above freezing. The goodies ranged from home made pretties, baked treats & chocolate to a table runner picked up in a Paris market!

I brought 'Nisse' with a string of presents - coins with images of women & wire wrapped beads, & had a few 'requests' for the Nisse! He will be pressed into service delivering presents to my grandchildren (I may need to make a second for my son's home.

The other adventure of the week was replacing my modem, & figuring out how to get the new one up & running!
My former hubby & son offered distant tech support, & today I figured out the last bit necessary to get up & running again! My computer is a Linux, so needed to visit my daughter's for the right program to compete the re installation. Most of the time I'm happy with this system, less worry about viruses & lots of free updates; but it doesn't run (or have) some of the mainstream programs, . . .

4 comments:

linda said...

It sounds like you are having a lovely holiday ,complete with snow! I like your little doll...he's very cute ... I haven't sewn anything in over 20 years!

Genie Sea said...

Why can't they make computers that have no hassles with reformatting and compatibility. Right, they are called Macs. Wish I could afford one :)

Sounds like you are making the best of the snowy days! Watching it from inside is about my speed right now :)

Happy holidays!

Bohemian Single Mom said...

Such great pics! We too, are being hit with blizzard winds and tons of snow.
Season's Greetings!

Sacred Suzie said...

Oh the joy of computers! I hope things work out there. Enjoy the holidays! So happy the juncos have you to help them get through the winter. I put out sunflower seeds yesterday, I wonder if there are any left?