Sunday, December 29, 2013

12 Days of Fitness Challenge - Day 5

Catherine Basu in Texas is hosting a fitness challenge - here's the link to the Facebook group - though we're several days into the challenge, there's always room for one more - please join us!! This is a nice way to get a head start on those intentions for the New Year, which often include eating better, getting in shape ...



 Today I walked the ~ 13 blocks to church for our 11 AM service. I love to walk if I can, if the weather isn't too bad (it was overcast, but not raining! We had a TOUCH of snow earlier in Dec, but our normal 'valley winter' now. So it was a lovely day for a brisk walk ~ 20 minutes.

After the service, a couple of friends said they were going to see Part 2 of The Hobbit!! My daughter & her hubby saw it last week, & I'd been wanting to! I read those books when I was a sophomore in HS, & have read & reread them over the years.... so we walked (just 4 blocks there & back) to our local Natural Food Grocery & Deli for lunch - split pea soup, roasted veggies & extra olives for me (they have a number of Gluten Free options, bless them!)

Then, off to the movies!

It was fun - I even enjoyed the additions - which included a lovely and strong elf maiden Romantic interest! Now, if I can just find my paperback copy, which I've had almost 50 years!! (How is THAT possible??) ....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How great that your church and grocery store are within walking distance! I wish mine were. That split pea soup sounds divine for the cold weather. Congrats on Day 5 :)

Unknown said...

Sounded like a Great Sunday! You got in your regular task and still incorporated fitness! I love Split Pea soup!

Nadya said...

Yes, I love being close! My daughter and I loved walking there together when she lived in this neighborhood!
My healthcare clinic, where I offer Massage and Reiki sessions is 1 block West of the grocery. In the summer I often bike...I'm always hauling laundry, so don't walk to work as often!

Nadya said...

Thanks!!
I need to be in the mood for split pea soup...rice and lentils is my standby! They label the Gluten Free options - it's one of the easier places for me to eat out- and inexpensive! Win-win!!